Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Traveler in Fiji

I have landed in Fiji by some quirk of fate....absolutely mixed up case...but Since me the traveller has started blogging, I have also travelled a bit and am enjoying everybit of it. Paulo Coelho and Alchemist comes to mind. But as I have just got started on "fooled by randomness" , I will just enjoy my peace that comes with flowing with the tide..and this time across the world, and now am very near the international date line. Fascinated that I could get a whole day behind by just stepping across a line and come back to today by stepping back. so much for the time machine...

These are wonderful islands and pleasent people, I have received so many unasked for smiles and pleasentness and I have smiled back in great measure as well. We had a welcome song for us at the airport at Nadi from where we flew in a 12 seater to Suva the Capital city. the 20+ minute ride was right accross the island which is hilly and green most of the way. English is spoken by all and Hindi by the lot of Fijians of Indian Origin..

We walked the market and looked into some shops... and the market closes at 5 to give time to all to live their lives too...A surprise for H, if it makes its way safely back. I will look for some surprises for N and may be some others...aah but tommorrow is a different start to the day....so will take it as it comes.

The Holiday Inn in Suva where I am staying, is beautiful and is located on the shore line.. A little walk and we are down to the pier and the Ships on the water are equally facinating...May be we can do a trip down here again..a restful place. Hope to get back soon to the hotel as they have live Jazz program this evening.

No comments: